Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Shopping List: Black Eyed Peas and Brown Rice

Since I did not have a lot of money to spend this week, it was kind of tough to figure out what to buy. I remember one of my co-workers introducing me to this Veggie Pasta that is sold at Safeway. This week I just purchased a couple of food items for lunch and wanted to share with you what I made with these items.

Safeway Shopping List
  • Eating Right Pasta Sauce - $2.00
  • Eating Right Veggie Pasta(Elbows) - $1.49
  • Safeway Whole Wheat Bread - $1.99
  • Bananas - $1.50 
  • Go Veggie Cheddar Cheese - $3.79
  • Strawberries - $2.99
Total was about $14.00


Giant Shopping List
  • Cheerios -$3.79
  • Ground Black Pepper - $1.00
  • Goya Brown Rice - $1.19
  • Black Eyed Peas $1.43
  • Nature’s Promise Organic Carrots - $1.29 
  • Yellow Onion - $.76
  • Hass Avocado - $1.00
 I paid too much for Cheerios, maybe next time I will wait for them to go on sale or maybe go to Walmart to buy them.


Total was about $10.72

In total for this week, I paid about $24.72 due to very limited budget I had.

This week lunch plan and dinner plan will be:
  • Cheerios for snack at work
  • Pasta with cheese and pasta sauce with shredded carrots 
  • Grilled cheese with avocado
  • Black eyed peas, onions with brown rice for lunch and dinner  



What is your lunch/meal plan for the week?


No comments:

Post a Comment